Benefits of Concrete
- Concrete can be engineered to withstand point loading.
- Concrete can be poured in large panels and then saw cut to control expansion and contraction.
- Large panels of concrete withstand point load and allow for surface rain runoff which keeps sub grade dry and reduces possible frost heave.
- Concrete surfaces are very easy to wash and keep clean.
- Sub-grade becomes saturated and soft as water permeates through unit pavers.
- During winter, moist ground freezes and creates heaving.
- Gaps between bricks tend to get larger in turn allowing more water into subgrade and this re-starts the cycle.
A Long-Term Patterned Concrete Installation
- Sealer: For protection against spills.
- Color Hardener: For added wear abrasion and durability. (8000P.S.I. – 10000 P.S.I.)
- Steel Reinforcement: 10mm rebar at engineered spacing in both directions. (14” c/c)
- Concrete: Can be poured at any thickness to ensure proper weight distribution.
- Concrete: Is cut into panels to relieve stress & allow cracking to occur within a clean cut line.
- Granular Stone: 3/4” Crusher Run Material for proper compaction and drainage.
- Professionally designed and installed: by an experienced licensed contractor.